What is Vanquish Magazine?
- Vanquish Magazine is a Free to Download Online Glamour & Entertainment Magazine. With over 5 million readers.
Vanquish is one of the very few Open Submission, Non-Exclusive magazines, which allows models & photographers to feature almost any glamour photo set.
With have an emphasis on Photo Quality. Photos must be of high enough quality for approval. It is easy to submit via a Vanquish Dropbox anytime.
Vanquish publishes 3 monthly issues – International featuring Kitten of the Month, United States Edition and Australia/New Zealand Edition.
We also have quarterly special editions for Cosplay, Tattoo, Automotive, & other specials at various times.
- Join Us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vanquishmagazine
- Join Us on Instagram: @vanquishmagazine
Who can submit?
- Models – Glamour Photoshoots
- Cosplayers – Male or Female Cosplay (Heroes & Villains of Cosplay Only)
- Actresses – Glamour Photoshoots & Movie Media
- Photographers – Glamour, Automotive or Entertainment Photoshoots
- Model Agencies – Model Photoshoots & Actress Photoshoots
- Publicists – Model Photoshoots & Actress Photoshoots
What type of photos do we accept?:
- Tattoo Models (Tattoo Special Edition Only)
- Cosplay (Heroes & Villains of Cosplay Only)
- Entertainment (Parties, Movies, Singers, Actresses)
- Automotive (Hot Models & Fast Cars)
- Content similar to FHM, Loaded , Maxim & Playboy (Sexy & Implied)
Photographers – Re: Photo Quality:
- Ask yourself would FHM, Maxim, Esquires or Playboy approve this photo… It must be magazine level quality
- We accept Glamour Photos, Not Fashion Photos.
- We accept Color Photos, and typically do not accept Black & White.
- We do not approve blurry photos, especially if it’s the face.
- We do not approve photos that are too dark or blown out
- Do Not Vignette your photos, we disapprove these
- Do Not Brand your photos, we disapprove these
- Please use the rule of thirds for Composition. Compositions with lack of skill are not accepted.
- We do not allow full frontal nudity. Implied is ok.
- We get several dozen submissions per issue and usually use 10-12 per issue, so quality is paramount.
- It is far better to submit 50 photos than 10, it gives us more selection to choose from.
- Your photos must be retouched, the other option is our retouch service which we charge for.
- Bad Retouch, blurring the skin too much, bad technique, can also disapprove a set of photos.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- You must own the rights to publish the photos you are submitting, usually this means a model release or photographers approval.
- For a featured set – We require atleast 10 photos. Ideal is up to 30+ via Vanquish Dropbox. So we can choose.
- Photos must be a minimum of 12 megapixel and taken from an DSLR Camera – Ideal is 20+ megapixel pro quality.
- Photos must be full size, unbranded originals. A professional retouch is also preferred. We can retouch when neccessary.
- Submitted as .jpg files with the sRGB Colourspace please.
- Submissions to Vanquish are made using a Vanquish Dropbox.
- Request a Vanquish Dropbox by Emailing Editor@Vanquishmagazine.com and requesting one
- Please state whether you are a model or photographer & your official name (as it should appear in the magazine, or same as your FB Fan Page)
- Include at least one photo you are keen to submit that shows your photo quality. We will approve/disapprove a dropbox based on this.
How to use your Vanquish Dropbox:
- 1. If you are a Photographer – Create a folder for each model submission with the models name (Correctly Spelt).
- 2. If you are a Model – Create a folder for each submission with the photographers name (Correctly Spelt).
- 3. UPLOAD the Photos… Full Size, Unbranded and Retouched. Minimum 10 photos to your folder.
- 4. Add a text file to the folder called “Credits.txt” If you would like to add any additional info
- 5. We will see your submissions and queue it for the next available Issue.
Can I have a Cover?:
- Almost every model and photographer that submits asks for a cover, we are well aware that you want one.
- Each month from the Dozens of Sets submitted we chose the 3 highest quality photo sets, and sexiest models for our 3 monthly covers.
- Many of our cover photographers are Pro Photographers, even Master Class Trainers. However we always make allowances for Amazing Photos!
- My Model is Famous… If your Model has 20-80k followers on FB, this does not qualify you for an instant cover. Amazing photos might.
- We have actually featured some stunning models with small FB followings, purely based on their absolutely stunning photos.
- Celebrity Models & Actresses to qualify for a celebrity cover usually have at least 2-3+ Million Followers, and the photos still must be High Quality.
Common Submission Questions:
- Am I allowed to post these photos on facebook or social media as well? – Yes you can, Vanquish is a non-exclusive magazine.
- If I have an amazing! set of photos from 4 years ago, can i submit them? Yes, there is no age restriction on photos.
- I submitted my photos but they didn’t get used, how come? This is as we get hundreds of submissions and can only choose 10-12 sets based on quality.
- Can I share my Vanquish Published Photos on Social Media, Yes, we will even provide you with Tear Sheets and Instragram Squares upon request.
- Is there a limit to how much I can submit? No, you could literally submit 100 sets, Which we would use over time if the quality is good.
- So do you want only 10 photos or is it better to submit you 40-50? The more photos you send us, the more variety we can pick from, better to send more.
- I am not good at photoshop retouch, can I send you untouched photos? Typically No, ask us about our retouch service, as untouched photos are never used.
- We do provide a retouch service, if you need us to retouch your photos to magazine quality. There is a small fee involved. You will have to ask us.
Approval:We now receive dozens of submissions each week. There are a few key factors when we approve photo sets for inclusion.
- Size & Quality – Most important – Magazine Quality photos at a printable resolution. larger than 3000 x 5000 pixels is normal.
- Lighting – This is glamour magazine, so if the photos are too dark or dull they wont be accepted.
- On Topic – Just think, would you submit this photo to FHM, Maxim or Playboy?
- The Model(s) – If the model in the shoot is already well known or very gorgeous, this is also taken into account.
- By submitting photographs to Vanquish Magazine you are granting full publication rights of these photos for Online and Printed Distribution.
The Photos are non-exclusive to Vanquish Magazine so can still be used by the models and photographers in other places.
We retain the full rights to publish, edit, retouch and reproduce photos for Vanquish Magazine and its publications.
- It is normal for Vanquish Magazine to retouch, color correct and even reshape photos for publication purposes. Especially covers & key promotional items.
- Once photos have been submitted to Vanquish Magazine, approved and deployed in the magazine,
If requested to remove images from a deployed magazine, we reserve the right to decline this request. On the basis of full publication rights as listed above.
- We are under no obligation to publish specific photos or photo sets, this is purely at the editors discretion.